How to whiten your teeth naturally?
What does your smile reveal to the world?
Vitamins, Sun, and Healthy Saliva do the trick, while using whitening agents that help nourish, whiten and strengthen the tooth, rather than making it brittle from mainstream whitening agents.
A smile reveals who the person really is. Are the teeth stained, crooked, bad breath, no smile, frown lines, deep smile lines, missing teeth, broken teeth, yellow to bright white teeth, straight, healthy gums or offer a fresh breath? All of these attributes tell a story, have contributing healthy to unhealthy behaviours. A smile bestows a personality and lifestyle.
“Enamel is the most mineralized substance in the human body. It is made up of mostly calcium and phosphate. Vitamin D is important for increasing the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the food you eat. Increasing the absorption of calcium and phosphate can improve the strength of your teeth and their ability to fight demineralization from bacteria.”
6 WAYS TO NATURALLY WHITEN YOUR TEETH
- The enamel matrix is translucent, the inner core called dentin turns yellow over time with by-products of the body & and unhealthy body. the enamel matrix is like a prism, when sun shines onto the enamel your tooth refracts the light, like a prism, and the dentin underlying substance in your tooth shines through. If the dentin is healthy your will see a more vibrant colour resembling brighter white, if the dentin is not, it will shine yellow tones. Living a healthy lifestyle, eating a well-balanced diet, taking high grade supplementation (I take Genestra supplements, over 90% in absorption into the body). Taking fat soluble vitamins, Vitamins D3, K2, A, and Vitamin C are the cornerstones of dental health. Magnesium is awesome too! When you whiten the dentin naturally, you whiten your teeth.
- Eating processed & sugar rich foods cause the inside nerve, the blood supply of the tooth to shrink over 60% in the tooth within 6 minutes after ingesting the body. When the blood supply diminishes, creates a hollow, darkening look from within the tooth structure. ” I was at a seminar at University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry, the Director of the Restorative Department at U of T, Dr. EL-Mowafy, (my former employer of 6 years. I was his head hygienist for 6 awesome year. I gained a tremendous a mouth of dental knowledge and life skills working with him and his wife. She too is a professor at U of T Dental Faculty). Dr. El Mowafy explained an experiment to see just how quickly sugar effects the tooth from within, making it vulnerable to attacks of decay disease. SIX MINUTES!!! THAT’S IT. Takes 6 minutes for the sugar to go through the body, enter your blood stream and go back into your mouth, via the blood intervention leading directly into the nerve of the tooth. (blood nourishment of your tooth).” To whiten teeth naturally enjoy eating a well balance meal enriched with super foods. There are alternatives to sugars. Cooking is fun! Be adventurous and curious in your kitchen and grocery store.
- Vitamin D3 an interesting topic, it’s a hormone actually. Spend time in the sun. Vitamin D is not one chemical but many. The natural type is produced in the skin from a universally present form of cholesterol, 7-dehydrocholesterol. The sun’s energy turns a chemical in your skin into vitamin D3, which is carried to your liver and then your kidneys to transform it to active vitamin D. Enamel is the most mineralized substance in the human body. It is made up of mostly calcium and phosphate. Vitamin D is important for increasing the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the food you eat. Increasing the absorption of calcium and phosphate can improve the strength of your teeth and their ability to fight demineralization from bacteria. Vitamin D receptors are found on cells in your immune system and in your teeth. Vitamin D can bind to these receptors and increase the amount of good antimicrobial proteins in your body which help to fight the bacteria that cause dental caries. In addition, the cells in the teeth that form dentin and enamel contain vitamin D receptors, meaning that vitamin D plays a role in their functioning. Vitamin D can help strengthen your dentin, improving the overall health and vitality, therefore creating a whiter dentin and whiter teeth.
- We need natural Sun to nourish and support vitamin D in our bodies. The Sun powers us up, and helps our teeth whiten. Especially against a great tan!
- Saliva is our Hero! If our body is acidic so is your saliva. Saliva communicates to your teeth, its highly intelligent, just like our DNA, CELLS, ORGANS, BLOOD& BRAIN. We need our saliva to be at a ph of 7.4-7.5 or higher for it to work its magic keeping the ecology of our oral ocean healthy. Teeth are like coral. If the ocean is acidic, then the coral dies. Our teeth are exposed bone, if the oral ocean is acidic, ph drop below 7.4 bad bacteria begin to colonize, causing disease decayed teeth, and periodontal disease (gum disease.) Saliva nourishes, cleanses, increase the ph and plays a role in remineralizing the enamel matrix of the tooth. The enzyme composition of the saliva will determine the health of your oral ocean. Healthy levels of Saliva help keep our teeth nourished and white. If your experience xerostomia (dry mouth,) immediately see your Registered Dental Hygienist for how to support a healthy flow of saliva.
- Maintaining white teeth includes visiting your Biological Holistic Registered Dental Hygienist for a professional dental cleaning every 3-4-6 months a year. A professional dental cleaning removes yellow staining plaque, tarter and discoloured brown-green to grey extrinsic surface stains caused by staining foods, drinks, spices and smoking.
Implementing a daily Nirvana Oral Care Ritual includes 1x day pulling with our Awaken,Coconut essential oil pulling therapy, 2x day flossing oil, brushing teeth with our lifestyle collection of toothpaste and tongue scrape, rinsing with Ocean antibacterial rinse, is your self love daily ritual to keep the integrity of your oral ecology thriving. Daily cleaning decrease stains, once a week or as needed, use our Charcoal toothpaste or dip toothbrush into baking soda, gently brush and rinse to help remove stains.
Call us today to schedule your Professional Holistic Dental Hygiene Cleaning at Nirvana Dental Apothecary.